Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
- Name: Yogi Adityanath
- Birthdate: 05 June, 1972
- Designation: Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
- Alma mater: Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Uttarakhand
- Occupation: Politician
- Political party: Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP )
- Previous offices :
1998: First elected to 12th Lok Sabha from Gorakhpur parliamentary constituency.
1999: Elected from Gorakhpur parliamentary constituency for the second time to the 13th Lok Sabha.
2004: Re-elected for the 14th Lok Sabha for the third time.
2009: Re-elected for the 15th Lok Sabha for the fourth time.
2014: Re-elected for the 16th Lok Sabha for the fifth time.
Yogi Adityanath (Ajay Mohan Bisht ) is an Indian politician belonging to Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). His constituency is Gorakhpur. He was born on 05 June 1972 in the village of Panchur, in Pauri Garhwal, Uttar Pradesh (now in Uttarakhand). He has completed his bachelor’s degree in Mathematics from the Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University in Uttarakhand. His father is Late Shri Anand Singh Bisht.
He is currently holding the office as Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
He has also published books named Yogic hetkarma ; Hatha Yoga: Swaroop and Sadhana; Raja Yoga: Swaroop and Sadhana; Hindu nation Nepal – past and present.
He renounced his family in 1993. Later, he became a disciple of Mahant Avaidyanath. He was promoted to the rank of Mahant or high priest of Gorakhnath Math after the death of his teacher Mahant Aavaidyanath.
1. FIR no. – 260/12 was filed before CJM Maharajgaj Court, criminal case no.- 43/99, and 7780/06 on 27 June 2000 against Yogi Adityanath. He was alleged with sec- 147, 148, 152A, 295, 297 of IPC. The case is still pending.
2. FIR no. – 261/2000 was filed before CJM Maharajgaj Court, criminal case no.- 44/99 and before J.M. II Gorakhpur, Thana Kotawali, criminal case no.- 43/7. He was alleged with sec – 147, 153A, 295, 297, 435, 506 of IPC. The case is still pending in the court of law.
3. case no.- 44A/99 was filed on 26 June 2000 and case no.- 2604/12 was filed. The allegations were of sec – 147, 148, 149, 307, 336, 504, 427 of IPC. The case is ongoing.