Cabinet Minister of Uttar Pradesh
- Name: Shri Surya Pratap Shahi
- Birthdate: 23 December 1952
- Designation: Cabinet Minister of Uttar Pradesh
- Alma mater: Banaras Hindu University
- Occupation: Agriculturist and Advocate
- Political party: Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP )
- Previous offices: Member of 9th Legislative Assembly; Member of 11th Legislative Assembly; Cabinet Minister for Health and Family Welfare; Member of 13th Legislative Assembly; Cabinet Minister for Excise and Liquor Prohibition.
Surya Pratap Shahi is an Indian politician belonging to Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). His constituency is Pathardeva (Deoria). He was born on 23 December 1952 in Deoria, Uttar Pradesh. He has completed his early education from GIC Deoria, Graduation from B.R.D. Post Graduate College, LLB from Banaras Hindu University. He is an agriculturist and an advocate by profession. His parents are Shri Rajendra Kishor Shahi and Smt. Ram Pyari Devi. His spouse is Smt. Rani Shahi and has a son and 2 daughters.
He is currently holding office as Cabinet Minister for agriculture; agriculture education; agriculture research and Member of 17th Legislative Assembly.
He has also remained the President of Uttar Pradesh in the past. He has worked with RSS and has won the student union election in BHU.
1. Criminal case no.- 163/91 and Case no.- 270/92 was filed before CJM, Deoria against Surya Pratap Shahi. He was alleged with sec – 147, 151, 152, 332, 336, 186, 188 of IPC, and sec – 7 of the Criminal Amendment Act. The case is still pending in the court of law.
2. Criminal case no.- 271/94 and Case no.- 1970/04 was filed before Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate, Kasya. Surya Pratap Singh was alleged with sec – 353 and 506 of IPC. The case is still pending.
3. Criminal case no.- 212A/04 was filed before Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate, Kasya. Surya Pratap Singh was alleged with sec – 147, 504, 506, 427, 295, 298, 153A of IPC, and sec – 7 of the Criminal Amendment Act. The case is still pending.