- Name: Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu
- Born: 11 June, 1993
- Designation: Singer, Lyricist, Model
- Alma Mater: Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana
- Occupation: Singer
- Official Website- http://www.sidhumoosewala.com/
Sidhu Moosa Wala is a resident of Punjab and is a Punjabi Singer and an actor associated with the Punjabi cinema. His real name is- Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu.
Sidhu Moose Wala was quite fond of music and he started listening to music since he was in sixth grade. Hip-Hop music was one which he was much fond of and gained his musical skills in Ludhiana from Harvinder Bittu.
Sidhu completed his graduations in Ludhiana from Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College. After completing his graduations, Sidhu shifted to Canada.
Sidhu Moose Wala started his career in singing by writing the lyrics of the song ‘License’ which was sung by the Punjabi singer and actor ‘Ninja’ and began his singing journey by performing on a duet song ‘G wagon’ in Canada.
Sidhu received huge attention by singing the song ‘So High’ in 2017. In the year 2018, Sidhu released his album PBX1 which stood high on ‘Billboard Canadian Albums’ and won him the Best Album Award at 2019 Brit Asia TV Music Awards. In the year 2020, British daily newspaper ‘The Guardian’ ranked Sidhu amongst 50 other new artists.
- On 4th May, 2020, Punjab Police DSP arranged a shooting target in a shooting range where Sidhu Moose Wala was allowed to use sophisticated automatic weapons, a video of which went viral.
- The Punjab Police on 4th May, 2020, registered a case against the singer and the five police personnel after the video went viral on social media.
- Investigations brought into light that the arrangement for the training was made by the Punjab Police DSP in the village Badbar during the nation-wide lockdown.
- After the receiving of the report, a Departmental Enquiry was initiated against the DSP and cases were registered against all the accused.
- The cases were registered on the directions of the Punjab Police DGP Dinkar Gupta, who ordered immediate suspension of DSP Daljit Singh Virk on charges of delinquency in duty.
- A criminal case, FIR no. 57 dated 04.05.2020 under Sections 188 IPC and Section 51 of the Disaster Management Act, was registered at the Police Station Dhanaula, District Barnala against Sidhu Moose Wala resident of Mansa, Karam Singh Lehal resident of Sangrur, Inder Singh Grewal resident of Sangrur, Jang Sher Singh resident of Patiala, and 5 police officers, including one Sub-Inspector, two Head Constables and two Constables.
- Sidhu Moose Wala is only booked for violating the curfew under Section 188 and not under Arms Act; though he used weapons most likely belonging to the Punjab Police.
- He is also booked under Section 51 of the Disaster Management Act for obstructing officials or refusing to copy with the directions.