Chief Minister of Haryana
- NAME – Manohar Lal Khattar
- PROFESSION– Politician
- BORN – 5TH May, 1954
- PLACE OF BIRTH – Nindana village, Rohtak District, East Punjab (presently in Haryana)
- FATHER’S NAME – Harbans Lal Khattar
- MOTHER’S NAME -NA
- SPOUSE – NA
- SIBLINGS – NA
- CHILDREN – NA
- EDUCATION- Schooling from Pandit Neki Ram Sharma Government College, Rohtak, Haryana, and a bachelor’s degree from Delhi University
- POLITICAL PARTY- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- OFFICIAL WEBSITE- www.manoharlalkhattar.in
- AWARDS- Digital Leader of the Year- State by Economic Times.
- INTRODUCTION- Manohar is the 10th and current Chief Minister of Haryana
- BACKGROUND- Manohar Lal Khattar was born to Harbans Lal Khattar. His family came to India during the partition of 1947. His family started doing farming and settled in Banyani village of Rohtak district, Haryana.
- UPBRINGING & EDUCATION- He did his schooling at Pandit Neki Ram Sharma Government College, Rohtak, Haryana. He was the first in his family to study beyond tenth class. He was keen to study medicine and for preparation of the entrance exam he moved to Delhi and did his graduation from Delhi University and simultaneously he started doing business.
- WALK OF LIFE-He started his career as pracharak of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) at the age of 24 years in the year 1977. After working for 14 years in Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) he then joined Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the year 1994. He first contacted Mr. Narendra in the year 1996 who was then in charge of Haryana. He was organizational General Secretary of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Haryana from the year 2000 to 2014. In the year 2002, he was given the charge of Jammu and Kashmir as the state’s election in-charge due to which Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) won 11 seats for the first time in Jammu & Kashmir. He played a major role in the party’s success in states like Punjab, Haryana, and Chhattisgarh, and the results were delivered. He was given organizational charge of 12 states, including Delhi and Rajasthan in the year 2004. He was the first Chief Minister from Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) from the Karnal constituency for the Haryana Legislative Assembly election, 2014. In the year 2019, he was re-elected as the Chief Minister with a coalition with Jannayak Janta Party (JJP).
- MAJOR INITIATIVES TAKEN- Under his leadership, the government took several initiatives for women empowerment which included steps like Beti Bachao and Beti Padhao Yojana. In the government offices, a biometric attendance system through Common Service Centres was introduced. Harsamay a 24×7 portal through which anybody can file a complaint online
- CAREER TIMELINE-
1997- Joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS)
1994- Pracharak of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS)
2000 to 2014- Organizational General Secretary of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Haryana
2014- Chairman of the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) Haryana Election Campaign Committee for Lok Sabha elections
Member of Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) National Executive Committee
2014 to Present- Chief Minister of Haryana
- CONTROVERSIES- He faced a lot of backlashes from various leaders when he said, The biggest concern is that in 80 to 90 percent of rape and eve-teasing cases the accused and the victim know each other for a long time and, on one day, when there is an argument (between them over some issue) and FIR is lodged, saying ‘He has raped me.’